[*BCM*] CM arrest today

John Hays jjhays2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 11:56:02 EDT 2006

Hey all,

    I was wondering if there was some sort of (for lack of a better
phrase) Ticket Defense Fund for Critical Mass rides. Yesterday was my
first real ride with you all (awesome), and my general impression was
that you don't often get hassled by the cops. But in those cases where
someone does get ticketed for blocking traffic (or for whatever), which
is a service done for the group's safety, I was wondering if you maybe
had some kind of procedure for donations or whatever to defray the cost
of the ticket. A $100 ticket can be costly for one individual, but if we
have 100 riders on any one day, and we pass around a coffee can for
ticket costs at the next ride, that's only a buck each if everyone
decides to give, and we're spreading the incidental burdens of the ride
across all of us who benefit.

             - John Hays