[*BCM*] Nation Wide Critical Mass Call to Action
azriels.wings at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 21:57:51 EDT 2006
Hi there! I'm a critical mass rider who is working with other cyclists and the climate change action group Rising Tide to organize a continent-wide Katrina anniversary critical mass ride for the last Friday in August (the 25th). This was the day Hurricane Katrina reached hurricane strength.
The idea is to remind people of the still ongoing crisis in the Gulf and the potential for further catastrophic events from fossil fuel inspired climate change.
We're looking for contacts with critical mass groups who want to collaborate on this, which would basically mean committing to organizing a ride marking the day and hopefully:
1. Organizing a sign making making party for the ride ("More Cars = More Climate Change = More Katrinas", "Critical Mass for Climate Justice", "Katrina was Environmental Racism", etc.).
2. Advertising the event to make it a big critical mass (we're developing designs for flyers, handbills, etc.)
3. Collecting funds at the Critical Mass ride to send to activist and relief groups in New Orleans.
4. Print out education stuff to hand out to people on the street witnessing the Mass (we've got some of this in the works too.)
5. Spreading the word to Critical Mass riders in other cities.
PLEASE Let me know if you might be interested and I can send you materials.
hearts and bicycles,
emma bee from the beehive collective
Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bostoncriticalmass